It is easy to get into a bit of a rut with class music lesson planning. At a recent training day we shared the elements that we thought should be included in a Wider Opportunities music lesson.
Here are my notes from the session.
- At the beginning of the lesson, state the objectives clearly
- Recap prior learning for activities
- Review learning at the end of the lesson
Lesson Content to include relevant selection from
- Listening to music and appraising / discussion
- Pulse and Rhythm Activities
- Playing instruments
- Evaluating and Appraising playing/singing
I’ve just jotted this down as a blog entry here so that I can keep hold of this information to tighten up my planning for the rest of this term. To be honest, I suspect my planning has been getting a bit – shall we be kind and say “laid back”? – and this will help me shape the lessons better.